Self-study or Instructor-led Training?
Choose the one that fits you.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? The education you need to gain your Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) designation or Qualified Associate Financial Planner™ (QAFP™) certification is available for you in just a few clicks.
Picture yourself as a CFP® professional with the tools you need to examine your client’s finances as a whole at the highest level of complexity. Or, imagine being a QAFP™professional, where you provide comprehensive financial planning strategies for clients who have less complex financial needs than those who would seek advice from a CFP® professional. Each certification helps you meet your clients’ needs better than before, and increases their trust in you as a financial services professional.
BCC has a dedicated student advisor who can help plan your studies. If you want to book an appointment with her, please do so at here.
Self-study is a valuable option for those who want to manage their own learning schedule without a set time commitment.
Choose this option if:
- You are an independent learner
- You prefer reading and doing quizzes/assignments on your own. You can refer to recorded webinars as needed.
- You can set up a goal plan/study schedule and stay accountable
- You are unable to take time off for live webinars
- You are comfortable with writing exams
Instructor-led training is perfect if a set coursework schedule, complete with due dates for assignments and set dates for tests, helps you learn better and keeps you on track.
Choose this option if:
- You prefer to attend live webinars taught by a BCC instructor, and would benefit from interacting with your instructor and other students
- You want a structured schedule
- Your schedule allows you to attend live webinars and if you have to miss any you can then watch the recorded versions
- You want to obtain your QAFP/CFP certification as fast as possible
Subscribe and get started on your certification on your schedule! Self-study is a valuable option for those who want to manage their own learning schedule.
- Full access to the course materials, assignments, quizzes, and instructor support for Unit 1-7 for either the CFP or QAFP Certification Education Program.
- Electronic textbooks are supported by recorded instruction or optional live instruction.
- Access video playlists and forums with instructor participation.
- Receive feedback-based assignments and quizzes.
- Great for independent learners.
Subscribe and join our regularly scheduled live webinar instruction to structure your studies!
Instructor-led training is perfect if a set coursework schedule, helps you learn better and keeps you on track.
- 22 Days of Live, Interactive Webinar Instruction for Core Curriculum (Unit 1-6).
- 6 Days of Live, Interactive Webinar Instruction for Advanced Curriculum (Unit 7).
- Course materials, assignments, and quizzes must be purchased or subscribed separately.
- Great for students who appreciate extra accountability, dedicated study time or specific timelines.
Flexible Subscription & Flat-Fee Options
You are in charge of how you learn. Take advantage of our flexible subscription options or purchase courses individually for a flat fee. You can still choose between Self-Study and Instructor-led Training for flat-fee courses, just be sure to check the course title before purchasing.
Direct to CFP®
BCC Core Curriculum and BCC Advanced Curriculum
CFP certification is an international standard for financial planning. CFP professionals are highly desired by employers and clients alike, and the certification is widely recognized by institutions and regulatory bodies. It signifies you use appropriate and sound planning strategies, skills, and solutions for complex financial situations, with the highest ethical standards of responsibility.
BCC has a dedicated student advisor who can help plan your studies. If you want to book an appointment with her, please do so here.
CFP® Certification Education Program
CFP certification involves coursework, an exam, 3 years of relevant work experience, and completion of the CFP Certification Education Program.
- BCC Core Curriculum
- BCC Advanced Curriculum
- Introduction to Professional Ethics (IPE)
- Professional Education Program
- CFP Exam Prep
- CFP Exam
- Subscribe to BCC CE to maintain certification
Direct to QAFP
BCC Core Curriculum
QAFP certification lets your employers and clients know you are an ethical professional with a broad knowledge of financial planning strategies, skills, and solutions. If you enjoy helping Canadians with their financial planning needs by providing advice, QAFP certification may be for you.
Students interested in bridging to CFP® certification can choose to complete the CFP Professional Education Program instead of the QAFP Professional Education Program within one year of achieving QAFP certification.
QAFP™ Certification Education Program
QAFP certification involves coursework, an exam, work experience, and completion of the QAFP Certification Education Program.
- BCC Core Curriculum
- Introduction to Professional Ethics
- QAFP Exam Prep
- QAFP Exam
- Apply for QAFP Certification
- Choose to complete the QAFP Professional Education Program or move to the CFP Professional Education Program
Flexible Subscription Options
- I need CE credits for my provincial insurance license(s) or my CFP®, CLU®, or CHS™ designation.
- Looking for CE credits on your own schedule?
- Need to get a better handle on your Continuing Education credits and requirements?
CFP® & QAFP™ Exam Prep
BCC Exam Preps focus on exam questions and answers with full length mock exams and live or recorded webinars which dissect, discuss, and dig into the mock exams.
Exam day routine and best practices, study schedules, and content review round out the resources.