Team Manager - Individual Products Retention - Call Centre
Permanent- Full Time
At Alberta Blue Cross we do things a bit differently. Our vision, dedication to customer experience and community leadership set us apart. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage for our members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, innovation and encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and regularly provide opportunities for training and career growth. If you’re excited about our brand and the contributions we make to the province then we’d love for you to join us!
Under the direction of the Individual Products Retention Operations Manager, this position provides support and direction to front-line staff to reduce overall Individual health plan cancellations and ensures an exceptional experience for all customers. The successful candidate must have exemplary interpersonal skills, proven leadership capacity, effective problem-solving, research, and analytical approaches and an outstanding commitment to providing exceptional customer experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee day-to-day operations for the Individual Products Retention call centre team
- Provide leadership to staff and drive team to achieve all departmental retention targets.
- Manage performance by assessing talent, coaching, mentoring and providing staff with regular and timely performance feedback, including regular quarterly and annual reviews.
- Offer hands-on support and assistance to staff in the handling of customer inquiries.
- Create a positive working environment that inspires productivity and is conducive to innovation.
- Track team and individual metrics and provide recommendations to Management.
- Continually assess and implement process efficiencies based on customer and employee feedback.
- Resolve escalations, complaints and inquiries of a complex nature.
- Communicate changes to policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with customers and peers.
- Identify and resolve issues by involving other departments where necessary.
- Handle any disciplinary/performance action that may be required.
- Assist Operations Manager in recruiting and retaining passionate, inspired employees with an exceptional work ethic and attitude.
- Involvement in training new staff members.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous leadership experience.
- Obtain the Accident & Sickness and Life License by successfully completing the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) and subsequent exams.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Self-directed with a strong initiative, desire to succeed and sense of accountability.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate strong ability in providing leadership, coaching, and direction and possess conflict resolution skills.
- Strength in planning, time management, organizing, delegating and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with peers, subordinates, and superiors.
- Decision making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress with a high tolerance and maintain composure.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office proficiency, including Excel.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca. Please provide your resume and cover letter along with a portfolio showcasing your work.