The BCC Advanced Curriculum is an FP Canada-approved foundation course for students pursuing their Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) certification.
The Advanced Curriculum introduces you to complex planning issues. This course is sometimes referred to as Unit 7 because it builds on the blocks, blueprints, tools, and construction skills you developed in units 1-6 of the BCC Core Curriculum.
The BCC Advanced Curriculum will introduce you to 2 more “clients,” but this time their financial planning needs are more complex. As you work through this unit, you’ll learn to apply the content in the textbook to these realistic case study scenarios.
The online resources give you a variety of approaches to your studies:
- Instructors, graders, and student advisors provide support, including daily monitoring of discussion forums by a course instructor.
- Electronic textbooks are supported by recorded instruction or optional live instruction.
- Access video playlists and forums with instructor participation.
- Receive feedback-based assignments and quizzes.
With live instruction
Unit 7: Advanced Curriculum
- Intro to Business Structures
- Corporate Taxation
- Financial Planning for Business Owners
- Advanced Tax Concepts
- IPP and RCA
- Living Benefits Insurance and Accessing Cash Values
- Domestic Contracts
- Estate Freezes
- Buy Sell Agreements
You can choose online, self-paced study, live instruction, or a combination of all three.
Subscription: $125 Monthly
Get all the same resources as the Flat-Fee option, but spread out your fees. No Minimum Subscription Required.
Per unit: $225
Study at your own pace with one unit selected.