CLU® Designation Program Course 257 (Live Instruction)
Advanced Estate Planning
- Analysis of a client’s financial status and overall estate planning objectives
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of different estate planning strategies
- Consider planning strategies involving the use of inter vivos and testamentary trusts
- Assess the need for life insurance to support the estate plan and recommend alternative insurance strategies
CLU Designation Program
The Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) certification provides the education needed to differentiate your practice in complex wealth transfer and estate planning. It’s considered an elite certification and is widely respected in the financial services industry.
The CLU certification is conferred in Canada exclusively by The Institute for Advanced Financial Education and course materials are provided by Advocis. BCC supports students taking this course by providing live or recorded webinars to aid in learning.
- Five Days of Live Webinar Instruction (Aug 4, Sep 1, Oct 6, 27 & Nov 3 | 08:00-15:00 MT)
- Recorded Webinars
What's Not Included?
- Registration into Course 256 with Advocis - students must register with Advocis separately for materials & exams
- The BCC Core Curriculum course or the Advocis Financial Planning Fundamentals Program for CLU® Certification. Advocis charges a fee to assess prerequisite equivalencies.
- The prerequisite is waived for candidates who have completed their Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®), Qualified Associate Financial Planner™ (QAFP™) certification or an approved accounting certification. Financial planning, insurance, or other relevant professional certification or accreditation is recommended.
- 4 years of experience within, or related to, the financial services industry.