FPSC Level 1® Exam Prep
Here are a few important dates and resources to keep in mind for the Level 1 Exam being held on May 31, 2018. The next exam write will be November 29, 2018. Please note that FPSC has changed the Level 1 Exam write day from Friday to Thursday.
Mar 03 – 90 Day Study Schedule Begins
Apr 09 – FPSC Early Bird Registration Deadline
Apr 27 – BCC Course Completion Deadline
May 01 – FPSC Exam Registration Closes
May 02 – BCC Exam Prep Webinar Starts (See Locations & Dates)
May 31 – FPSC EXAM WRITE
Jun 14 – BCC Capstone Course Starts
Jul 05 – Level 1 Exam Results Released
Nov 29 – Next Exam Write
The 90 Day Study Schedule is a free resource designed by BCC to help you review content and identify knowledge gaps in about 20-30 minutes per day.
The exam is on May 31 and the early bird deadline (save $100) is April 9. You can register now even if you don’t have your transcript yet; it isn't required until May 1. The deadline for BCC Core Curriculum course completion (Course 1-4) is April 27. If you are registered with another provider, please confirm the final date for course completion as set by that institution.
Our exam prep course features 2 full length mock exams which are completed before class. You’ll then dissect the questions and answers with our instructor during the live instruction.
May 02, 03 & 22 Level 1 Exam Prep Webinar
Click here to get registered. Our prep course is open to students of any provider.
In addition to the BCC study schedule and exam preps, the FPSC has several free study tools available for you to use to prepare for the examination. (To access some of the below resources, and to register for the Level 1 Exam, you will need an FPSC online account. You can create one here.)
- Sample Exam Questions, including multiple-choice questions and answers, as well as a case study, available free for all candidates registered for the exam (log in to your FPSC Portal or create an account to access the questions).
- Software Tutorial to help familiarize you with the exam software.
- Videos with important information about the exam and study tips.
- Examination Blueprint, which details the weightings and financial planning functions and components that will be covered in the exam.
- CFP Professional Competency Profile Graphic Overview, which outlines the competencies that are being assessed in the exam (the application of your learned technical knowledge to a client situation).
- Practice Exam (available for purchase), which includes the same number and types of questions, level of complexity, and scope as those that you will see on the actual examination.
- Exam Preparation Webinar, which is exclusively for exam candidates, facilitated by FPSC’s Examinations department where you can gain insight into the exam process and much more. If you miss the live webinar, you can view it online.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Kelly Brewer (email@example.com | 877-934-5577).