Here are a few important dates and resources to keep in mind for the CFP Exam being held on June 7, 2019. The next exam write will likely be November 29, 2019. (Click here for FPSC Level 1 Exam info.)
Mar 09 – 90 Day Study Schedule Begins
TBD – FPSC Exam Preparation Webinar
TBD – BCC Final Capstone Interview
May 01 – BCC Exam Prep Webinars Start (See Locations & Dates)
May 06* – FPSC Early Bird Registration Deadline
Apr 30 – BCC Course Completion Deadline
May 06* – FPSC Exam Registration Closes
June 07* – FPSC EXAM WRITE
July 18* – Level 1 Exam Results Released
Nov 29* – Next Exam Write
*Dates not confirmed.
The 90 Day Study Schedule (released Feb 2019) is a free resource designed by BCC to help you review content and identify knowledge gaps in about 20-30 minutes per day.
The exam is on Jun 7 and the early bird deadline (save $100) is likely May 6. You can register even if you don’t have your transcript yet; it isn’t required until May 6. Our deadline for Capstone Course completion is April 30 and late fees may apply.
Our exam prep course features 3 sets of mock exam case studies which are completed before class. You’ll then dissect the questions and answers with our instructor during the live instruction.
- May 01, 02 & 22 Webinar I
- May 13, 14 & 23 Edmonton
- May 21, 28 & 29 Webinar II
Click here to get registered.
In addition to the BCC study schedule and exam preps, the FPSC has several free study tools available for you to use to prepare for the examination. (To access some of the below resources, and to register for the CFP Exam, use your FPSC online account.)
- Sample Exam Questions, including multiple-choice questions and answers and constructed-response questions, available free for all candidates registered for the exam (log in to your FPSC Portal or create an account to access the questions).
- Software Tutorial to help familiarize you with the exam software.
- Videos with important information about the exam and study tips.
- Examination Blueprint, which details the weightings and financial planning functions and components that will be covered in the exam.
- CFP Professional Competency Profile Graphic Overview, which outlines the competencies that are being assessed in the exam (the application of your learned technical knowledge to a client situation).
- Practice Exam (available for purchase), which includes the same number and types of questions, level of complexity, and scope as those that you will see on the actual examination.
- Exam Preparation Webinar, which is exclusively for exam candidates, facilitated by FPSC’s Examinations department where you can gain insight into the exam process and much more. If you miss the live webinar, you can view it online.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Penny Watt (email@example.com | 877-934-5577).