CFP® Exam Prep
Here are a few important dates and resources to keep in mind for the CFP Exam being held on June 01, 2018. The next exam write will be November 30, 2018. (Click here for FPSC Level 1 Exam info.)
Mar 04 – 90 Day Study Schedule Begins
Apr 09 – FPSC Early Bird Registration Deadline
Apr 26 – BCC Exam Prep Webinar Starts (See Locations & Dates)
Apr 27 – BCC Course Completion Deadline
May 01 – FPSC Exam Registration Closes
Jun 01 – FPSC EXAM WRITE
Jul 19 – Level 1 Exam Results Released
Nov 30 – Next Exam Write
The 90 Day Study Schedule is a free resource designed by BCC to help you review content and identify knowledge gaps in about 20-30 minutes per day.
The exam is on June 1 and the early bird deadline (save $100) is April 9. You can register now even if you don’t have your transcript yet; it isn’t required until May 1. Our deadline for Capstone Course completion is April 27 and late fees may apply.
Our exam prep course features 3 sets of mock exam case studies which are completed before class. You’ll then dissect the questions and answers with our instructor during the live instruction.
Apr 26, 27 & May 24 CFP Exam Prep Webinar
May 15, 16 & 17 CFP Exam Prep Calgary
May 18, 23 & 26 CFP Exam Prep Webinar
Click here to get registered.
In addition to the BCC study schedule and exam preps, the FPSC has several free study tools available for you to use to prepare for the examination. (To access some of the below resources, and to register for the CFP Exam, use your FPSC online account.)
- Sample Exam Questions, including multiple-choice questions and answers and constructed-response questions, available free for all candidates registered for the exam (log in to your FPSC Portal or create an account to access the questions).
- Software Tutorial to help familiarize you with the exam software.
- Videos with important information about the exam and study tips.
- Examination Blueprint, which details the weightings and financial planning functions and components that will be covered in the exam.
- CFP Professional Competency Profile Graphic Overview, which outlines the competencies that are being assessed in the exam (the application of your learned technical knowledge to a client situation).
- Practice Exam (available for purchase), which includes the same number and types of questions, level of complexity, and scope as those that you will see on the actual examination.
- Exam Preparation Webinar, which is exclusively for exam candidates, facilitated by FPSC’s Examinations department where you can gain insight into the exam process and much more. If you miss the live webinar, you can view it online.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Kelly Brewer (firstname.lastname@example.org | 877-934-5577).