Walk into your certification exam feeling confident that you know what to expect.
BCC Exam Prep helps you prepare for your Qualified Associate Financial Planner™ (QAFP™) or Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) certification exam.
FP Canada™ Exams
The QAFP exam is a computer-based exam made up of roughly 95 multiple choice questions which must be completed in 4 hours. Read more.
The 6-hour computer-based CFP exam is made up of two three-hour sections with a lunch break in between. Read more.
FP Canada proctors exams and sets the schedule. Check the schedule for the exam you want to write, ensuring you have enough time to prepare.
Choose from live webinar or recorded instruction. The live webinar is 3 days of instruction.
The course also includes:
- Two full-length mock exams
- BCC CFP Certification Education Program material
- 90-day study schedule.
The BCC Core Curriculum is an FP Canada-approved foundation course for students pursuing their Qualified Associate Financial Planner™ (QAFP™) certification or Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) certification.
The Core Curriculum gives you the technical knowledge financial planners require for their careers. It provides the building blocks, blueprints, and tools you need to construct financial plans for Canadians.
The BCC Core Curriculum will introduce you to 7 new “clients,” each with a unique—but familiar—situation. As you work through the sections of the curriculum, you’ll learn to apply the content in the course material to these realistic case study scenarios.
The online resources give you a variety of approaches to your studies:
- Instructors, graders, and student advisors provide support.
- Electronic textbooks are supported by recorded instruction or optional live instruction.
- Access video playlists and forums with instructor participation.
- Receive feedback-based assignments and quizzes.
With live instruction
Unit 1: Personal Finance Building Blocks
- Intro to BCC Core Curriculum
- Economics for Financial Planners
- Financial Planning Fundamentals
- Credit and Borrowing Fundamentals
- Credit and Borrowing Products
Emergency Funds and Personal Financial Statements
Unit 2: Benefits, Math & Legal Building Blocks
- Canada Pension Plan
- Old Age Security and Other Govt Benefits
- Applying for Government Benefits
- Introduction to the Financial Calculator
- Applications of the Financial Calculator
- Measuring Returns and Risk
- Intro to the Legal System
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Unit 3: Blueprints (Taxation)
- Intro to Tax
- Income Tax Calculation
- Dispositions of Assets
Family Tax Issues
Unit 4: Investment & Insurance Tools
- Stocks and Bonds
- Investor Behaviour
- Risk and Portfolio Construction
- Derivatives, Shorts, and Advanced Investment
- Pooled and Managed Investments
- Risk and Insurance Contracts
- Life, Living Benefits, and Property and Casualty Insurance
Taxation of Insurance and Liability Insurance
Unit 5: Retirement & Estate Planning Tools
- RRSP, RESP, RDSP, TFSA
- Retirement Planning and Annuities
- Intro to Estate Planning
- Wills and Will Challenges
- Powers of Attorney and Capacity
- The Estate and the Executor
- Education Planning
- Disability Planning
Household and Family Financial Planning
Unit 6: Construction (Behaviour, Practices & Regulation)
- Decision-Making and Heuristics
- Case Study: Cash Flow Management
- Money Attitudes
- Financial Planning Recommendations
- The Brain
- Client Communication
- Licensing, Regulation, and Business Models
Consumer Protection and Securities Law
You can choose online, self-paced study, live instruction, or a combination of all three.
Students may wish to add engaging live instruction to help achieve the goal of timely completion and a thorough understanding of the content. Access live instruction by subscription or per unit. Live webinar access allows you to interact with your instructor and other students. Our unique weekly instruction approach is scheduled around FP Canada program timelines and takes students through the Core Curriculum in half a year.